Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Update

A very busy, but good weekend around here . . . .

Saturday I spent the day in Fair Oaks (near Sacramento) at an AWANA conference. Went with Bill, Valerie, and Amber (thanks, guys!) and had a great time. I don't have any expereience with AWANA from a leadership point of view, and, as the Children's pastor, I'm the "Commander" of our club! So I have alot to learn in a short amount of time! We kick-off on Septemeber 5th!

Today was a fantastic day at Cornerstone! Attendance was very high - I'm telling ya, I'm just not sure how long we'll be able to stay in this building! First service kids were 16 and second service there were 54! WOW! It was also our Summer J.A.M. Sunday, so we spent time recognizing our terrific team of volunteers and showing a video looking back on the past 10 weeks. This was also the first Sunday with our new HD Video Projector in the sanctuary so the video looked REALLY nice! :-)

Had lunch with Jason, who's moving to southern CA, and spoent a little time with Dan & Ginger - two of our best friends.

Kids are already in bed . . . . first day at a new school tomorrow . . . . we're praying all goes well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already been praying for the kids and school. I know it can been kind of an overwhelming experience. I told Kala, she and Josh are such likable kids that I was sure they would get along. Also told her I'd like her to e-mail or call me and let me know how it was. I'd really like to hear from Josh, too. I've, as you can readily tell, never been a boy at a new school and don't really know what it's like from that prospective. Glad to see things went so well at church, to GOD be the glory. I know you'll enjoy AWANA. There is freedom within the structure to do some things.
Love you all, Marti.
p.s Better sign off, it's storming outside. Maybe tonight!!
p.p.s. Cubs got rained out tonite and "Z" was doing so well. OK, gotta go.

Pastor Greg said...

Thanks for the post, mom!

Twichie said...

Okay - so where is the PG Post? I've been thinking about putting the link at one of our favorite messageboards. That okay?!

Hope you're alright!!! Love to all of you!