Saturday, August 4, 2007

Barry & Alex have nothing on David!

OK, so it's been a pretty big day in the sports world . . . . Alex hit #500 earlier today and Barry just blasted #755, tying Hank Aaron on the all-time list. Thankfully, my Cubs won today and hopefully another historic landmark (win #300) will be postponed as the Mets' Glavine takes the mound against the Cubs tomorrow night in Wrigley (on ESPN, no less! please don't embarass me, Cubs!)!

But as I have been reflecting on my theme for tomorrow at Cornerstone, I am reminded what true heroism is - standing for God. Tomorrow we will be focusing on David and Goliath - what an awesome victory by the Lord for His people! And what a great challenge to us, thousands of years later, to make our stand for the Lord, no matter the obstacles, no matter the ridicule (even from within our own ranks). I am hopeful this age-old and very familiar story will still impact hearts tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good to see you guys!!
alicia

Anonymous said...

Good job, Greg. Too cool!! This is just so great to be able to keep up with you guys this way.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Thot I would absolutely die when I heard Pat and Ron talk about Soriano when he got hurt. The stadium stopped breathing for a minute. You could have heard a pin drop. Is it selfish, or not too spiritual to pray that he's okay?
Marti

Pastor Greg said...

Are you kidding? Cubs fans have some of the best prayer lives around! Get well soon, Alfonso! :-)